Testing out a new toy for Sony, it’s their new Bluetooth / NFC speaker called the BTX 300. 20 watts of power, 8 hours of battery life, AND it has a USB port on the back so you can charge your phone / tablet / mobile device on the go or while plugged in. SCORE!
This thing sounds BAD-ASS! I’ve been using it at work, in my bathroom while I get ready for the morning, and even took it on a hike the other night. It’s got Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC, and the range is around 30-40 feet in my tests.
I’m going to use the heck out of this thing this winter in the gondola on Ajax. No need to wait for the red buckets anymore!
- Battery life is solid at 8 hours.
- Portable, but not too large or too small.
- Sound is crisp, clear, and bass is neither too strong or too light.
- USB port on the back allows you to charge whatever the heck you want while you’re using the speaker.
- Has Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC. (Now if Apple would put NFC in their phones…)
- Comes with a convenient neoprene carry case.
- Has a line in on the rear, so you can use your old devices that don’t have Bluetooth.
- Only $160. Perfect for X-mas gifts.
- No Airplay integration. Probably because adding WiFi and licensing it would bring the price point up.
- Not waterproof? I’m really stretching for cons here.
- Weight: 3 lb 8 oz.
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion, non removable.
- Output: 10W x2
- Wireless/Networking: Bluetooth 3.0 and it supports A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP. Also, it has NFC for one-touch listening with other NFC devices.
It’s on sale right now for $159, check it out.